The Gazelle and I were talking recently about cool blog posts. And we came up with this. I am so excited to share this with you.
I usually giggle when I listen to Dave Letterman’s Top Ten List. So with a nod of thanks to Dave, our very own Top Ten List.
You Know You Are a Runner When:
11. Ok so we came up with more than 10! Here goes!
11. If your long run is in -30 degree weather you must be a runner. And a Canadian one at that!
10. If you get up at 4.30 a.m. to run early and beat the summer humidity, you must be a Canadian runner.
9. If you go to physio or ART to run in a 5, 10 half-marathon or full marathon you must be a runner.
8. If you can use the term fartlek in any conversation properly, you must be a runner.
7. If you can drink water while you run, without choking, you must be a runner. A far more talented one than me!
6. If your ankles are bloody or your toe nails are falling off, and you aren’t concerned, you must be a runner.
5. If you can describe a trail by the scenery and where the kilometre markers are, you must be a runner.
4. If you can wear spandex and not be in the least embarassed, you must be a runner.
3. If you have a Garmin, any watch, a waterbottle, and fuel belt, you must be a runner.
2. If you can strike up a conversation with anyone wearing great looking running shoes, you must be a runner.
And finally …
1. If you have a pair of running shoes that cost the same amount as a weeks worth of groceries. You must be a runner.
I hope you got a giggle or more out of our list. And if you have an addition, please feel free to send it along!