I was over at Renee’s house last week, dropping off her spare house key, which I had held on to for about a month after babysitting her cat for a few days (it’s a long story). Renee was eating one of these popsicles when I walked in and offered one to me. Readers, you know that I’m not the kind of girl to turn down a cocktail let alone a cocktail-based popsicle. These were delicious.
– watermelon, enough to produce two cups of juice
– 2 Tbsp honey
– 1/2 cup lime juice (about 4)
– 1/4 cup mint, chopped
– 1/4 cup club soda
– 1/4 cup rum
1. Chop the watermelon into chunks and remove seeds. Put the watermelon chunks in a blender and blend until smooth. Strain blended watermelon using a fine mesh colander or cheesecloth, reserving the juice.
2. Blend 2 cups of the watermelon juice, honey, lime juice and mint.
3. Stir in club soda and rum. Pour in to popsicle molds. Freeze. (Renee says there was extra popsicle liquid – drink it to reward yourself for your hard work!)