- 2 tbsp (30 mL)olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL)assorted mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup (250 mL)broccoli florets
- 1 cup (250 mL)cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8 asparagus spears, woody ends removed, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup (250 mL)milk or cream
- 1 tsp (5 mL)onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL)frozen hash brown potatoes (diced)
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL)shredded mozzarella cheese
ONE Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add mushrooms, broccoli, tomatoes, and asparagus; cook, stirring occasionally, until veggies are tender-crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
TWO: In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and milk until blended. Add onion powder and season with salt and pepper. Add vegetables, hash browns and cheese and stir to combine.
THREE: Pour egg mixture into a greased 9-inch (23 cm) square baking pan. Bake, uncovered, until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes.
FOUR: Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.