While this recipe uses ground turkey, you can easily substitute leftover chopped turkey, for a super quick and easy dinner that your whole family will enjoy.
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) ground Ontario turkey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 pkg (35 g) taco seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 14 oz (398 mL) can refried beans
- 3 cups (750 mL) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) light sour cream
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) salsa
- 2 cups (500 mL) lettuce, shredded
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) black olives, pitted, sliced
ONE: Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
TWO: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook turkey, onion and green pepper; breaking up turkey. Cook until turkey is no longer pink. Stir in taco seasoning mix and water; bring to a boil; simmer 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced.
THREE: Spread 1/4 cup refried beans on each tortilla; top with 3/4 cup turkey mixture and 1/3 cup cheese. Roll each tortilla and place side by side in greased 9 x 13 inch (23 x 33 cm) baking dish. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese. Bake 30 minutes.
FOUR: Spread sour cream over top casserole, top with salsa, lettuce, tomato and black olives.