The potatoes in this easy one pot meal absorb all the flavour of the sauce and are a perfect match for the turkey.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 6 servings
- 1 boneless skinless Ontario turkey breast (about 1 1/4 lb/600 g)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) hot pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) sodium reduced tamari
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) no salt added vegetable or turkey broth
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) white vinegar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) lime juice
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) liquid honey
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 lb (454 g) red mini potatoes, halved
- 1 large red or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh parsley or cilantro
ONE: Cut turkey breast into 1 1/2 inch (7 cm) chunks.
TWO: Heat oil in large deep saucepan over medium high heat and brown turkey chunks on both sides. Remove to a plate.
THREE: Reduce heat to medium; cook onion, garlic and hot pepper flakes, stirring for about 8 minutes or until softened and starting to become golden. Add tamari, broth, vinegar, lime juice, honey and bay leaves; bring to a boil.
FOUR:Return browned turkey, potatoes and pepper to sauce. Reduce heat to simmer; cover and cook for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender and turkey is no longer pink inside. Remove bay leaves.
FIVE: Sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Recipe and photography courtesy of Ontario Turkey Farmers.