When protein and veggies are roasted alongside each other dinner is full of flavor and comes together quickly. Enjoy this combo on its own or serve it up with rice or rice noodles alongside.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) each soy sauce and seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) hot pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each salt and pepper, divided
- 1 boneless skinless Ontario turkey breast (about 1 lb/454 g)
- 1 head (bunch) fresh broccoli
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sesame seeds
ONE: In a shallow dish or bowl whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic, hot pepper flakes and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each of the salt and pepper; remove 2 tbsp (30 mL) of marinade.
TWO: Cut turkey crosswise into 4 equal pieces and add to dish; toss turkey to coat; set aside.
THREE: Cut broccoli top into 2 inch (5 cm) long florets and half lengthwise if too large. Peel stalk and cut into similar size pieces.
FOUR: Toss broccoli and red pepper with 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the marinade, canola oil, sesame seeds and remaining salt and pepper.
FIVE: Spread onto half of a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Place turkey pieces on remaining half of baking sheet.