Making one of your fast food favourites into a healthy dish is easier than you think. Offering a good source of vitamin C, swapping sweet potatoes for white spuds, makes this dish a healthy indulgence that may also help boost you immunity during the winter running season.
Total time: 20 minutes | Serves 4
1/3 cup extra-virgin coconut oil
2 large sweet potatoes, cut into the shape
of French fries
1/2 cup fresh basil (or dried basil)
1/2 cup dried, shredded coconut
1. Heat the coconut oil in a frying pan.
2. When pan is sizzling add the sweet potato
fries, stirring until each is coated with oil.
3. Let cook, flipping periodically, until they
are golden brown (after 3–5 minutes).
4. After the fries have browned, gradually
add basil and shredded coconut. Continue
cooking until desired crunchiness (or
softness) is achieved.
1. To get closer to nature, shred your own
coconut from the meat of a fresh coconut.
2. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon salt over cooked fries.
3. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon curry powder over
Calories: 484, Total Fat: 45g, Carbohydrate: 22g, Dietary Fiber: 5g, Protein: 3g
From: The Earth Diet by Liana Werner-Grey Copyright, 2014. Reprinted by permission of Hay House.