Lunch at my house is usually reheated leftovers and I’m pretty happy with that most days. However, a couple of weeks ago, I decided to get fancy for no particular reason. Here’s what I came up with:
I call it “Italian tilapia for one”.
– 1 tbsp olive oil
– 1 piece tilapia
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
– 1/4 – 1/2 sweet pepper, cut in chunks
– Italian seasoning, to taste
– rice or quinoa to serve
1. Heat olive oil in a frying pan at medium heat. When pan is hot, add the piece of tilapia. Now – and this is the critical part – WATCH IT LIKE A HAWK!! I find most people tend to overcook fish. The easiest way to know when it is done is to check if it flakes easily. Another way you can tell that white fish is done is when it goes opaque. It shouldn’t take more than 2-3 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the fish. Set aside and cover.
2. Heat a bit more olive oil in the frying pan. Add garlic, cherry tomatoes and peppers. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add Italian seasoning to taste and cook for about 30 more seconds.
3. Add tilapia back to frying pan and break it up with a spatula.
4. Serve over quinoa or rice or whatever you prefer.