By Pamela Santaluce
A perfect loaf for breakfast or snack that’s full of so much goodness. I love my bread in the mornings and I especially love anything with raisins or carrots. You can enjoy this all on its own. This is a dairy-, egg- and wheat-free loaf and you may omit the walnuts if you’d like it to be nut-free.
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 tsp baking soda and 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 and a half ripe bananas
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil OR olive oil (both work well)
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 grated organic carrots and 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional) and 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut (optional)
- blend oats until they become a flour texture
- add bananas
- add cinnamon/baking soda/baking powder/oil of choice and maple syrup and blend all well
- with spatula stir in grated carrots/walnuts/raisins/coconut flakes
- place mixture in a lined baking pan (I used a 9×5 in. pan)
- bake @350f for 25-30min.
Pamela Santaluce is a Toronto-based certified personal trainer, holistic nutritionist and healthy eating advocate. She offers holistic nutrition and writes more about health and wellness at EatFitLife.com.