I’ve been a very good runner this year. I actually adhered to a training program for the first time in my life (most of the time anyway). I often sometimes turned down a second fourth cookie. I did most of my tempo runs even though I hate those suckers.
In light of these good behaviours, I request the following items for Christmas.
- A new PR in the 10km. The one I’ve got now is three years old and was set at non chip-timed event. I’m not being greedy: it doesn’t have to be sub-40. Sub-60 minutes would be wonderful, thanks.
- Good weather for key races in 2011. I’ll send you a list of race dates once I’m registered but what I’m looking for here is 10-20°C, overcast, no wind with maybe a little sprinkling of rain half-way through to cool me off. None of that 30+°C with a blazing sun crap I had this year at the Chocolate half-marathon.
- A cure for my side stitch. Santa, I’ve consulted medical experts. I’ve asked every athlete in the Ottawa area. I even turned to magic this summer and it still won’t go away. I think you’re my only hope. Anything you could do here would be greatly appreciated.
- Running tights that don’t make me look like too much sausage in too little casing. Maybe you could liase with the product developers and tell them most runners have over 5% body fat. I’m not asking for Heidi Klum’s legs, I just don’t want to scare children.
- Better Gatorade flavours. Do you think you could pull off a beer flavour, Santa?
Don’t feel you need to bring them all. I know your sleigh is probably filled with running shoes, water bottle belts and technical clothing for all the other good runners out there. I hope you enjoy the pasta and Gatorade I left for you.